THE STUDENTS‟ ABILITY OF ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT STATE POLYTECHNIC OF SEMARANG IN WRITING NARRATION TO PROMOTE TOURISM DESTINATION AREA

  • Pandiya Pandiya State Polytechnic of Semarang
  • Nurul Hamida State Polytechnic of Semarang

Abstract

The ability to write has an important role for someone both in public life in general and in pursuing a career. This study aims to determine the ability of the Semarang State Polytechnic Accounting Department students to write a narrative to promote tourist destination areas. The data of this study are more primary and qualitative which are directly obtained from the Student of the Semarang State Polytechnic Accounting Department. The number of samples in this study included 26 students of the Semarang State Polytechnic Accounting Department. The sampling technique chosen was "purposive sampling", namely students who had obtained General English 1 courses. Data collection techniques were carried out by giving narrative writing tests to selected respondents. The results of data analysis show that 61.5% of respondents write narratives with past tense time signals; while the remaining 38.5% of respondents write narratives without the past tense time signal. The variety of events / events favored by respondents is natural tourism at 76.9%; while the remaining 23.1% of respondents choose other tours; such as educational tourism, history, culture, and culinary. The variety of narratives chosen by respondents is an expository narrative of 100% (all respondents); so none of the respondents chose the suggestion narrative (0%). The range of tourist destination areas chosen by respondents included (1) Central Java (34.6%), (2) DIY (34.6%), East Java (3.8%), Bandung (West Java) 3.8%), Jakarta (3.8%), Jakarta and Bandung ( 3.8%), Bali (11.5%), and Bali and Lombok (3.8%).

Published
2019-09-16